Hi, I'm here to help! Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.CONTACT ME
I’ve prepared the following guides that detail some of the subtleties and issues relating to selling in the Calgary real estate market. You’ll need to become a VIP to access the guides below.
Prepare your Home
Use this helpful checklist as a reminder of the things you need to do before you move. For detailed moving information and a FREE, instant moving quote please click here.
Book the movers:
You can choose to have the movers pack everything, or just the breakables, or you can pack yourself. It's a good idea to obtain estimates from several different companies.
If you own your present home:
* Arrange to have your gas, water, and electric meters read on the day you leave and have the bills forwarded to your new address.
* Have your oil tank read and filled before your sale closes, and provide a receipt to your legal professional if required.
* If the water heater or furnace is rented, arrange for a transfer of the rental agreement to the purchaser.
* Disconnect your telephone, cable TV, and water softener.
If you rent your present home:
Give necessary written notice to your landlord and make arrangements for the return of any monies you have on deposit.
At your new home:
Make arrangements for the gas and electric utilities, water softener, telephone and cable TV to be connected on the day the sale closes.
* Get "Change of Address" cards from the post office and send out well before moving day.
* Have the post office forward your mail to your new address.
* Cancel any contracted services and pre-authorized cheques.
* Inform gardening, dry cleaning, garbage pick-up, newspapers, magazines, diaper and other home services. Arrange for service at your new address.
* Obtain a letter of introduction from your current branch to help establish new accounts. Transfer trust or bank accounts and securities.
* Cancel or transfer social, athletic, civic, religious or business affiliations and memberships.
* Arrange for transfer of medical, dental, prescription and optical records.
* Change the address on your driver's license(s) effective the day of the move.
* Collect all items out for cleaning, repair or storage. e.g. fur coats, dry cleaning.
* Make special arrangements for the moving of perishables, such as plants.
* Make special arrangements for the moving of your pets.
* Dispose safely of all flammable liquids as it is illegal for movers to carry them.
The following checklist is another free service which we provide. Feel free to print it out and use it as a checklist when you are moving:
Calgary Board of Education
Calgary Catholic School Board
Shaw Cable Television
Alberta Health Care
310-0000 then dial (780) 427-1432
Vehicle and Home Insurance
contact insurance broker
City of Calgary Garbage Collection
City of Calgary Information
Moving To and Around Alberta
Included in our relocation Package
Remember to put in address changes for:
GST Tax Credit
Child tax benefit
Personal insurance/investment agents
*** LEAVE YOUR FORWARDING ADDRESS WITH THE PURCHASERS OF YOUR HOME ***